Korean hair care decoded in 8 Simple Hair care steps
Hair comes in various shapes – curly, straight, wavy. Also it comes in unimaginable colours- purple, red, burgundy. But if the hair is shiny, bouncy, and healthy, it catches your attention immediately. We love Korean hair because the hair texture is silky smooth. Our favourite KPOP idols colour their hair in almost every possible colour but yet carry it off like it’s their natural colour! So, what’s their secret? Well, they have a Korean hair care routine like the Korean skin care regime.
We decided to take a few smart tips from Korean hair care routine, that is easy to practise and not too elaborate to do. You can start off with these simple tips and once you are comfortable, do the entire Korean hair routine.
Korean Hair Care Routine with Korean hair care products
- It starts with the very basic Scalp care. We traditionally oil our scalp and hair. While we wash away the oil, there is always some kind of oil and dead skin that builds in the scalp. A Korean innovation called Scalp Scaler is the solution. It is more like a shampoo exclusive for your scalp. But usually does not lather. You need to apply it on your scalp for about 10-20 minutes, before shampooing. You only need to use it once in 10 days for very oily hair or once in 2 weeks for normal hair.
2. The second step is using a Shampoo regularly. Meanwhile Sulphate and paraben free shampoos help maintain the ph level of the scalp. It ensures the essential oils in your scalp and your hair are not washed away during the shampoo wash.
3. We go back to Scalp care in our third step. A Scalp massager improves blood circulation and improves hair growth. It is usually a round shaped brush with big soft pointed bristles. Also it helps removes excess sebum, oil deposits and dandruff. Massage your scalp after shampooing, with a scalp massager regularly, to see improved hair growth.
4. Our fourth step is to use a Conditioner after using a shampoo. Pat dry your hair after shampooing and then apply Conditioner on the shaft of the hair, not the scalp. Leave it in for some minutes before washing off with water. It is preferable to use shampoo and also the conditioner of same brand, as it meant to work together.
5. We all have heard about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for health. Did you know the fermented drink, has amazing benefits for the hair also. Rinsing off the hair with diluted Apple Cider vinegar leaves you with a healthier scalp, free of itchiness and also dryness of the scalp. So, to avoid the strong smell of the vinegar, you need to use conditioner after the rinse. This needs to be done once a week only.
6. When we loved the Face sheet mask for the face, why leave the hair behind! Hair Masks provide the much-needed moisture to the hair and scalp, leaving them soft and relaxed. Koreans swear by the goodness of Argan Oil. In addition regular use of Argan Oil makes the hair soft and shiny and prevents breakage. Use an Argan Oil hair mask once a week to improve hair health. Some masks must be applied on wet clean hair and scalp, while others suggest it to be applied on dry hair and scalp. You will have to leave it on for about 20-30 minutes and then wash off.
7. Koreans believe in scalp care first. Add that little extra to damaged hair, with Hair Tonic. Korean Hair tonics are made of goodness of natural ingredients. It is simple to use. Apply a little directly onto cleansed scalp and let it dry before you move onto styling.
8. Hair serum leave the hair moisturised and acts as great styling tool, but for unmanageable hair. After washing your hair and towel drying it, just apply a small quantity; especially at hair ends and leave it on.
As you can see Korean hair care is supported by good Korean hair care products, available online. These products may seem pricey, but they last a long time. So, it is worth the money you pay!
Try these Korean hair care tips and let your tresses do all the talking! We now know that getting that beautiful KPOP idol hair is doable! Which of these products will be on your first buy list? Let us know in the comments section.
We are supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission on some of the product sales. The same is used for product research that we recommend for our valuable readers.